Steamed Fish with Chili Bean Sauce
- 1 fresh rainbow trout (about 1 lb/450g) /(Bass, snapper, monk fish, trout, cod, and halibut are good choices)
- 1 thumb ginger , shredded
- 2 tbsp. vegetable cooking oil
- 5 tbsp. chili bean sauce
- 2 tbsp. cooking wine
- 1/2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 3 garlic cloves , chopped
- 2 green onions , chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable cooking oil
Clean the fish and then cut a small line to separate the thick meat. And add some shredded ginger (both on the surface and inside the stomach)
In a small pan, add around 2 tablespoons of cooking oil and then fry garlic, spring onion for a while. Add chili bean sauce. Fry until aromatic. Then add 2 tablespoons of cooking wine and 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce. Mix well.
Spread the sauce over the fish. And then steam over middle fire for 10 to 15 minutes.
Spread some chopped green onion. Heat around 2 tablespoons of hot oil and pour over the fish. This can improve the flavor.